Wednesday, October 22, 2008

So What's Big on YOUR Big Day?

I got an email today referring me to a site with Flashback Charts that will tell you what the top song was on any certain day in history. Well, not the BC ones or anything that extreme. It has to be since the charts were kept. :-P

So I went on over there and started looking up birthdates of folks I know. My sister, my brother, GP (you already knew that was coming), my mom, my kids. You get the idea. Sometimes I looked at the songs that were big on their birthdays in different years and they really had some good songs. Let's take a look...

My sister and brother shared songs because their birthdays are less than a week apart. They had some good ones, like Penny lane, Bridge Over Troubled Water, My Eyes Adored You, Killing Me Softly With His Song (ohhhhhhhhhhhh the number of times I've sung that to myself, lol), Lost In Your Eyes, and everyone's favorite: Gettin' Jiggy Wit It. (Bahaha, couldn't resist.)

And let's see...Mom had Kokomo, I Can See Clearly Now, You Needed Me, You Light Up My Life, I'll Be There, Islands In The Stream, Last Train to Clarksville, Love Me Tender, Jailhouse Rock, Mack the Knife, and White Christmas.

And let's look at GP's. He got some good ones, too. I Will Always Love You, How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, I Write the Songs, You're So Vain, Mandy, I Heard it Through the Gravevine, The Twist, I'm a Believer, The Sound of Silence, Go Away Little Girl, and American Pie. Of course several of them were hits on his birthday...BEFORE it was his birthday, but still...nice list.

Now take a look, if you will...at my birthday. On the day I was born, the big hit was Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Indian Reservation). On other years it was Bad Bad Leroy Brown, Hanky Panky, Hard-Headed Woman, Auf Weiderseh'n Sweetheart, and Baby Got Back. What is UP with those??? LOL, ok, there were a few songs that saved it. Teddy Bear, Rock Around the Clock, (They Long To Be) Close to You, The One That You Love, Eye of the Tiger (Woo!!, lol), and Lean on Me. But the song that REALLY saved it?? Annie's Song. ::siiiiiiigh::

Well, I suppose it's not a real insightful blog...not a lot of deep thought, but I love love love music, so I decided it would be blog fodder tonight. :) If you haven't looked before, take a look. What was big on your big day?

2 comments:

Dee said...

Its too late/I feel the earth move are my birthdate songs.. bet mum felt the earth move that day anyway...

Hillary said...

LOL I bet she did, too.