Monday, December 22, 2008

Honest Scrap

My blog has been awarded the Honest Scrap Award by Sunshine B . Thank you, Sunshine! (I'm TOTALLY copying from your blog, you know...except my answers.) Scrap means left over, fragments, discarded material. Many times truth and honesty are discarded material, considered fragments and left over. People like us need to tell it like it is, and let the scraps fall where they will.

There are 2 guidelines for receiving this award. One, you are to list 10 honest things about yourself. Make them interesting, even if you have to dig deep. Two, present the award to 7 other bloggers. (I honestly don't follow 7 bloggers and the ones I do are receiving the award from Sunshine already so ummmm....yeah I'm only half-receiving this thing, lol.)

1. I am a very undisciplined person...badly so.
2. I want to have more babies.
3. I keep an embarrassingly messy house. When I get it spic and span, I turn into a tyrant if anyone messes anything up. So I'm either one extreme or the other. I guess I prefer being a nice slob over being a grumpy Martha Stewart.
4. I have a very stubborn heart that doesn't like to take directions from my head.
5. I adore Greg Page and always will (please see number 4). WHAT?!! That's the honest truth. I'm just sayin' it out loud.
6. I battle with discontentment and unforgiveness.
7. I have a rather obsessive personality. Example: For years, whenever I bought a new bottle of shampoo, I had to read EVERY word on the bottle before I used it the first time...even the ingredients. I had no reason for doing it. I just did it. Even when it was the same brand as I'd had before. If the bottle was new, I read it. Same for conditioner. And my books must be in alphabetical order by authors....and then in order of when they were written.
8. I don't really care for my appearance. I'm thankful I'm healthy and all, and I like the color of my hair...and sometimes my eyes, but the rest, not so much.
9. My relationship with God is the core of who I am. And having said that, I struggle with making time with Him the priority that it needs to be...hence number 6 above.
10. I have credit card debt out of pure carelessness. A few times purchases were made simply because it was the only way to survive, but most is carelessness...and that makes me ashamed.

I know some people who aren't receiving this award from Sunshine, but they're not bloggers so I'm not going to bother listing them...but I'm thankful for them...and their courage to speak the truth.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Great honest answers .

Your shampoo reading thing.... I read the toilet paper packets..I dont know why...

Hillary said...

:) Glad to hear I'm not alone in my packaging reading, lol.