Sunday, August 15, 2010

God is Good

You know...there were no big thunder-cloud revelations today. There was no lottery check or instant success or suddenly sparkling house (that WOULD BE a miracle). It's just a matter of relationship. In my heart, I KNOW that God is good. There is so much that comes to us in life that I can't explain. There are times in life where I understand why people ask "Why?" I am blessed to not be a "Why?" asker. It would be my undoing, I fear. I think scripture says that it rains on the just and the unjust, no?

But today I've felt hope and peace in my heart and I know where that comes from...or rather WHO that comes from. I can remember as a child singing, "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart." There was a verse that said, "I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my heart." Experiencing that peace...interestingly enough, leads to that joy. It does. I know it does because I feel that right at this very moment.

My life is not perfect. It has its challenges, to say the least. I go through the ups and downs, like any other person. But it isn't circumstances that give us peace. It has been during the most difficult struggles that God has placed that peace that passes understanding in my heart and in doing so has communicated His love to me in such an incredible way. I wish there were some way to communicate that so that each and every person who wanders through this blog could feel and experience it.

But if I can't do it, I'm not worried. God's love is so great that He WILL find the way to let you experience it, too.

He's just that good.

2 comments:

Lanie Rocks said...

He is indeed good! His love surpasses all trials and provides us with comfort and strength even in the darkest part of our lives. =)

agift300 said...

God is very good:) im only 13 but i have learned that God is the only way. God has blessed me by allowing me to go to a chtistian school since preschool. im in the 7th grade now and only have one more year at private school. I hope to show Gods love to everyone in public highschool:)