I was just over reading at Sunshine's and little did I know it was all a trap! I read through her "8 Things" survey and as I happened upon the last line, she said, "I tag YOU." And I'm me, errr, in that case "you" so.... Tricky, tricky, tricky, girlio. Tricky.
My 8 Favorite TV Shows:
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Private Practice
4. The Bonnie Hunt Show
5. The Wiggles
6. iCarly (I can't help myself...even if I'm not a tweenager. Spencer cracks me up.)
7. Extreme Makeover-Home Edition
8. The Suite Life of Zack & Cody
(Ok, I probably wouldn't watch #6 or 8 if my girls didn't have them on, but I get some decent laughs, so they're going on the list. Otherwise I only have 6 shows...and that was rather tough to come up with. I don't watch most of these regularly.)
My 8 restaurants:
1. Olive Garden (Eggplant Parmesan...the...very...best...everrrrrrrr)
2. Applebee's (Oriental Chicken Salad, please. Got one by accident once and got hooked.)
3. Papa John's Pizza (ohhhhhhhhh their garlic dipping sauce, mmmm)
4. Panera (yummy sourdough soup bowl)
5. Poncho's (A Tex-Mex buffet type restaurant in San Antonio and Albuquerque. Oh my lands, the sopapillas there are to die for. And don't even get me started on the sour cream enchiladas. Please, someone take me there sometime. Please.)
6. Green's (A formalish restaurant in Blantyre, Malawi, Central Africa. One of the few places we'd ever eat out when living there. They had chicken kiev and pork schnitzel that was incredible. Someone made me scream like a lunatic there once...a little embarrassing in that atmosphere, but ... well ... that might be a story for another blog.)
7. Sonic (Tator tots with cheese melted on them and I'm a happy girl.)
8. Arby's (French Dip sandwiches are soooooooooooooooooooo yummy.)
(This little section kind of surprises me...in a good way. A year ago I'd have told people that I don't care about food. That isn't a source of pleasure, but something that just needs to be done. So to type these out and sit here wishing for the food from these places...well...that's progress. It's also why certain items of clothing no longer fit right, but that's...well...not for another blog.)
8 Things that happened yesterday:
1. Read some of a novel
2. Computer (email, facebook, etc.)
3. Tested Kindies in phonological stuff, phonics, sight words, etc.
4. Took one little boy to the principal. (He told me "NO!" one too many times and took off running away from me. Tsk tsk tsk. Big mistake.)
5. Skipped grocery shopping so scraped together a very scary dinner.
6. Listened to my girls play in the backyard.
7. Watched a little tv.
8. Took a shower.
8 Things I look forward to:
1. Breaks from school
2. Recess (I never grew up, apparently).
3. Singing at church, either solo or with the Praise Team
4. The weekend/sleeping in
5. My girls coming home from their dad's
6. Email from friends
7. Comments here and on facebook (Sorry, Sunshine, I had to copy your answer.)
8. A happily ever after
8 Things I love about Autumn (Spring):
1. The crispness in the air
2. The smell of the air (not talking fireplace smoke...just a different scent in the air)
3. The nostalgic feel of it
4. The color of the leaves
5. The break in the heat
6. The way it ushers in wonderful family holidays and makes me feel cozy and thankful
8. Dressing for the colder days
8 Things on my wish list:
1. A trip to Sydney
2. A stronger, healthier, (and why not more toned) body
3. A healthier diet
5. To write a novel
6. Looooooooooooove (I could go for some happily ever after)
7. More babies (which is why #6 might be helpful)
8. To be a stay-at-home mom